Updated: Aug 22, 2022
Do you suffer from hormonal acne? The deep, painful, inflamed acne (sometimes more prevalent in the chin and jaw area) that is more difficult to treat than most?
You’re not alone. Kaye’s stubborn acne started when she was just 12 years old. Her insecurity from this issue impacted her life daily. She constantly noticed people’s eyes drifting towards her oozing breakouts as she spoke to them, which took away her confidence, and made her shrink down instead of shining bright.
Kaye tried every product on the market to fix her skin (you probably have too!) and ended up enrolling in esthetics school to learn the tools she needed to have the skin of her dreams. Still, after trying professional treatments and using her knowledge gained from the industry, her skin only improved slightly. The painful cystic breakouts persisted!
It wasn’t until Kaye developed a specific system that her and business partner Jessica coined “The 4 Pillars of Skincare” that Kaye could claim to be “100% breakout free”.
The 4 Pillars of Skincare go together, and perfect skin cannot be achieved without them all interacting harmoniously.
We’ll dive into what the 4 Pillars of Skincare are in our upcoming newsletters, but for now we’ll leave you with the products that helped Kaye transform her skin (Pillar 1: At-home Regimen):
1) Clearing Cleanser (day and night)
2) Liquid Glow (in evening, face, neck, chest, shoulders, back of arms all done with the same gauze, 1 squirt of product
3) Clearing Complex (day and night, entire face)
4) Clearing Clay Mask (all over face, or as a spot treatment EVERY night there is an active breakout)
5) Benzagel 5% Spot Clearing treatment (she gets it from well.ca) for a painful, active acne lesion, applied beneath Clearing Complex).
6) StarLIGHT moisturizer
7) Blue light setting of 5-in-1 Skin perfector held over active acne for 3 minutes, without touching the device to the skin.
8) Zapping motions with a high frequency device purchased from an esthetician depot, as needed on an active breakout.